+ Cause for Immediate Discharge
- Being under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Possession of alcohol/drugs
- Possession of weapons
- Threats either verbal or physical, or acts of violence, fighting
- Property destruction or altering the physical construction of the premises, including interior walls
- Failure to submit a U/A or Breathalyzer Test
- Unaccountable or discrepancies in times off of premises
- Lies, either found on your intake paperwork or otherwise, stealing, unusual behavior, and any criminal activity
- Failure to comply with rules and/or staff directions
- Inability to pay rent for two consecutive weeks
All rent submitted is forfeited by default if you are terminated from the property for violation of the House Guidelines and Policies. Nor will any rent submitted be pro rated due to your moving out before a week is up. All $100.00 deposits are non refundable entry fees
+ 12 Step Meeting Attendance
- You are required to attend a 12-Step meeting (AA or NA) 7 Days per week.
- This will include your mandatory weekly house meeting & 5 NIGHT meetings per week.
- Day time meeting attendance does not excuse you from attending a night time meeting, unless approved by the Director for work related reasons.
- Second shift jobs need to be approved by the Director.
+ Meeting Attendance Sheets
- All house members with less than 90 days residency are required to have a meeting attendance slip signed by a member of the group at each meeting, and not by another house resident.
- This provides us with a method to verify your meeting attendance, and provides you with a method to begin developing a strong support network in the recovery community.
+ 12 Step Sponsor
- You must obtain a 12 Step program sponsor who has a minimum of 18 months of continuous sobriety or clean time within your first two weeks of residency.
- You must provide the name and phone number of your sponsor to the house manager as soon as you have obtained one.
- At our discretion, we may contact your sponsor to determine your actual commitment to and active participation in your personal recovery efforts.
+ In House Meetings
- All house members are required to attend In House meetings which are held once per week.
- House meeting attendance is mandatory, (which means you must arrange for employment and other activities that does not interfere with these meetings), there are no exceptions to this rule.
+ House Curfews
- For the first 7 days You Must be accompanied by a House member when leaving the premises unless approved by the House manager.
- For the first 30 days you are to be in the house by 10 PM, each night of the week.
- After 30 days you may be granted an extended curfew to 12AM on Weekends.
- This is at the discretion of the house manager and based on your being employed, rent being current, no fines, overall progress and conduct in good standing. You must seek curfew extension approval by 7 PM the night it is desired.
+ Signing OUT and IN
- For the full duration of your residency you are required to sign-out when leaving the premises, and sign-in upon return.
- You must be specific about where you are going when signing out.
- If you are going to be later than 30 minutes from your estimated time of return (ETR) you must call the house and notify the house members.
+ Over Night Passes
- You must: complete 30 days of residency, be employed full time, have rent current, no fines, overall progress and conduct in good standing before a request for an overnight pass will be considered.
- All overnight passes must be requested and approved by the Director 72 hours in advance of the pass.
- Information as to where you are going and who you will be with is required.
- Third party verification of your overnight destination may be required prior to, or after its approval.
- Inconsistencies (dishonesty) will result in pass being denied; pass privilege revoked for 30 days, or termination of residency.
- You will be allowed 1 overnight per 7 Day period or 2 consecutive overnights within a 14 day period.
- All Overnights Will Require A Clean U/A Upon Immediate Return To The House.
+ Rent Obligation
- Upon your acceptance and entrance into Guardian Angel Recovery House, you are agreeing to the following;
- To pay Director $100.00 every Friday for rent (no excuses)
- To pay House Manager $15.00 every week for house supplies. (no excuses)
- To pay Director a one time $50.00 non refundable deposit/entry fee. (see below)
- Rent must be paid every Friday between 9am and 10pm. directly to the Director and kept up to date without exception.
- All late rent, paid after 10pm each Friday, will incur a $ 10.00 late charge. Any rent and late charges not paid by 8pm the following Monday will result in your having to leave the house until you can afford to live in it.
- These consequences will apply to new house members, who enter without employment at the beginning of their 3rd week of residency.
- No resident will be allowed to get more than 2 weeks behind on their rent obligation.
- Deposit/Entry Fee is payable in full at the time of entrance, unless payment arrangements have been agreed to by the Director and yourself prior to your entrance.
- You are required to be employed full time, (35-40 hours per week).
- Residents who are unemployed and not receiving monthly disability benefits are required to be off the property from 9 AM – 4 PM, to seek employment.
- Day labor agencies and inconsistent jobs of less than 35 hours are not accepted as “employed”.
- There are certain types of employment that are not allowed, so you should immediately speak with the house manager regarding employment opportunities that might bring your commitment to recovery into question. (cab driving, working in bars, clubs, or places that sell alcohol.)
- ALL SECOND SHIFT JOBS MUST BE APPROVED BY DIRECTOR.
+ Environmental Hygiene (Cleanliness)
- Your room area must be kept neat, with your bed made at all times. Dresser tops organized, rugs vacuumed, floors swept and cloths hung properly, trash emptied.
- All rooms are subject to inspections at any given time, and any room that does not pass inspection may cause all residents in that room to have earned privileges revoked, and a $10.00 fine incurred against all room residents.
- No unsealed food containers are allowed to be stored in the bedrooms.
- Kitchen area is to be kept clean at all times, which means absolutely no glasses, dishes, forks, knives, spoons, etc. left in the sink at any time, and any trash disposed of in a timely manner.
- You are to clean up after yourself any time you use the kitchen area for any reason.
- Any cooking done by residents requires immediate clean-up. Failure to comply could result in $10.00 fine, lose of privileges, and repeated non compliance could result in termination of residency.
- No personal items are to be left in the bathrooms, and you are required to clean it appropriately after using it so the next person is entering a sanitary bathroom environment to use.
- House shut downs will occur if chores are not being done thoroughly, the outside area and buildings are not cared for adequately, rooms are not being kept clean, or general attitudes are not in line with house etiquette, and are done so at the discretion of the house manager.
- House shut downs void all off premises plans, and requires everyone to help bring up the cleanliness of the home.
- A house shut down, when needed, is scheduled for a weekend day and can last up to 3 hours.
Any delegation, assignment, or request that is made by house manager is not merely a suggestion; it is a directive that needs to be adhered to without argument immediately or within the time frame specified.
- You will be assigned daily and weekend chores on the Chore Board. (these are mandatory as part of your stay).
- A $10.00 fine will be issued to any resident that does not perform and maintain their chore duty throughout the course of the day when on the premises, and is not done when the house is inspected by the house manager at 10pm each night.
+Designated Smoking Areas
- Smoking is not allowed in any part of the house.
- NO SMOKING ON FRONT PORCH.
- All smoking is to be done outside in the back yard of the house and all cigarette butts are to be discarded in the butt cans placed at the back of the house.
- Should you be caught smoking in the house or in front of the house, for the first offense you will incur a $25.00 fine, for a second offense you will be discharged from the house immediately.
- There are absolutely no visitors allowed on premises without prior approval from the house manager.
- All visitors are to leave the property by 10pm, every night of the week, no exceptions.
- Non-family opposite sex visitors are not allowed in the home.
- Family members & Visitors are only allowed to visit on the First Floor area of the home.
- NO VISITORS ALLOWED UPSTAIRS / IN BEDROOMS FOR ANY REASON.
- There is to be no sharing of clothes, personal property, loaning money, borrowing vehicles, including bikes by house residents.
- You are not to provide another resident with any more than you are willing to lose.
- This is a risk you take when you place your property in their care.
+ Drug Urinanalyst/ Breathalyzer Test
- You may be requested to submit to a U/A (drug/alcohol test) at any time, which may be required with or without cause.
- Any argument or refusal to submit to either alcohol or drug testing will result in immediate discharge from the house.
- Another resident may request someone to be tested if a person’s behavior warrants it.
- Random Group drug and alcohol testing is done at no cost to the resident.
- Targeted Individual testing resulting from your behavior, attitude, suspicion of other house members etc, will result in a $10.00 charge regardless of the results of the test. In short, you get to pay for the behavior, attitude, or suspicion your conduct has brought about.
- All positive test results will result in termination of residency for a specified period of time.
- Any resident who is aware of a major rule infraction, including but not limited to the consumption or possession of alcohol or drugs by another resident and does not notify the house manager immediately will be subject to discharge.
- At any time you are on the house telephone and there is an incoming call beeping through, you are to place your call on hold and take a message from the incoming caller for other house residents.
- Failure to do this will result in $10.00 fine and your house phone privileges being revoked for a specified period of time.
- Phones, both house and personal cell phones are to be used in a manner that does not disturb other house members.
- Loud phone talk is not acceptable in a group living environment, so it’s important that you keep your voice level down while on the phone.
- There are no incoming or outgoing calls allowed after 11pm Sunday-Thursday.
- You are required to disclose any and all medications you are taking, either prescribed or over-the-counter and at the Directors or House Managers discretion your meds will be inventoried.
- All prescribed medications MUST be non narcotic.
- A negative result on a drug test will result in termination of residency regardless of the source of that result, including prescribed medications.
- For the safety of the other house members and to ensure your medications are safe, it may be determined that they need to be kept under lock and key and provided to you by the week. *This helps eliminate the risk of loss or thief, and the hardship and expense of having to replace a 30 day supply of medications that are needed for your physical or mental well being.
+ Intimate Relationships
- All residents are to refrain from any and all sexually intimate relationships (including general dates) until they have obtained six (6) months of continuous sobriety/clean time.
This is a vital time to focus solely on your 12 Step recovery efforts, develop a recovery based support network, learn life coping skills, problem resolution skills, become financially responsible and accountable, and develop a team relationship with God. This is not the time to indulge in relationships with the opposite sex.
- This is a hard line policy that is not up for negotiation or compromise.
- Violation of this policy will result in termination from Miracles In Progress Recovery House.
To ensure a healthy, happy, drug and alcohol free recovery environment please do your part to use common sense when it comes to either doing or not doing something that may affect yours and others continued stay.
We want you and the next person to enter a safe and clean living environment, which enhances the potential of a successful transition into independent living.